Wednesday 3 October 2012

I Would Like To Call It Beauty by Corinne Bailey-Rae

I know I've just blogged another Corinne Bailey-Rae song but I couldn't not post these lyrics, they are beautiful. And even more moving considering the death of her husband in 2008. Wahhh.



So young for death, we walk in shoes too bigBut you play it like a poet like you always didAnd I lay face upturned on the palm of God,Pushed on by the fingertips of dreamsThey haunted me, consoling me.

And I would like to call, call it beauty,Strained as love's become, it still amazes meAnd I would like to call it beauty,Beauty, beauty, beauty.

You slept a sigh like the angels speakAnd we danced into tomorrow on bleeding feetAnd I had thought that I would die hereBut you pushed me on,You pushed me on, you pushed me on.

Oh, and I would like to call, call it beauty,Strained as love's become, it still amazes meAnd I would like to call it beauty,Beauty, beauty, beauty.

You can keep it all locked up in your leaden chestOr you can lay mouth open on the water's edgeBut all your angels and your God will stitch and wash you.

Oh, I would like to call, call it beauty,Strained as love's become, it still amazes meAnd I would like to call it beauty,Beauty, beauty, beauty, beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment